It is doubt less to say that software training has become a trend. In simple words, software training is here to stay as long as organizations are driven by the need to save time and cost by digitizing the tasks for themselves and all their stakeholders ranging from customers to vendors to business partners. Therefore, recent years have seen a boom in software training that use various technologies. Plan your future to be a part of the booming domain by joining the best software testing training institute in Mumbai
Despite the fact that the importance of software testing may seem insignificant, testing process are always an equally integral part of development and planning. Software testing is all about checking the product’s quality with various test cases implemented automatically or manually as a bug free application or software is the main reason to perform testing.
Skills required to become a software tester comes in 2 variations and the below descriptions details them in a proper way:
- NON-TECHNICAL SKILLS: The below diagram and the skills are very much essential to determine somebody as a good or having a desire to become a good software tester:
- Analytical Skills: A good software tester needs to have sharp analytical skills. The in-depth analytical skills will secure to break up a complex software system into micro units to obtain a better understanding and create test cases.
- Communication Skills: A good software tester needs to develop amazing verbal and written communication skill, than testing artifacts (like test cases/plans, test strategies, bug reports, etc.) created by the software tester can be written in reader friendly way comprehensively.
- Time Management & Organization Skills: Testing has always been a demandable job, mainly during the launch of code. A software tester must methodically manage workload, develop high productivity caliber, exhibit optimal time management, and organization skills
- Esteemed Attitude: To be a good software tester it is a must to have an esteemed attitude. An attitude to ‘test to break’, detail orientation, willingness to learn and suggest process improvements. In the software industry, technologies evolve with an overwhelming speed, and a good software tester should upgrade his/her technical skills with the changing technologies.
- Passion: To transcend in any profession or job, one must have a significant degree of the passion towards it. A software tester must be passion driven for his / her field.
- Technical Skills: The below diagram and points will be delivering the details of technical skills of a good software tester in a brief way:
- Fundamental knowledge of Database / SQL: Software Systems accumulates large amount of data in the background. This data is stored in various types of databases like Oracle, MySQL, etc. in the backend.
- Fundamental Knowledge of Linux Commands: Majority of the software applications like Web-Services, Databases, Application Servers are deployed on Linux machines. Therefore it is decisive for testers to accustom the knowledge about commands of Linux
- Knowledge & experience of a Test Management Tool: Test management is an important sequence of Software testing and without proper test management techniques; software testing process wills faux pas. Test management is managing the testing related artifacts with a tool i.e. Testlink, TestRail, Testpad & etc
- Knowledge & experience of Defect Tracking Tool: Defect tracking & defect life cycle are the major aspects of software testing. It is highly critical to manage defects & track them systematically. Tracking of defect in very much essential for the entire team including the managers, developers and testers. Tools for defects i.e. Bugzilla, Jira & etc.
- Knowledge & experience of Automation Tool: Imagining self as an Automation Tester after working as an professional for years as manual testing, than definitely one would need to acquire in-depth knowledge in tool and also in automation tool.
The 5 stages of software development:
- Requirement Analysis
- Design & Development
- Quality Assurance and Testing
- Implementation & Deployment
- Maintenance & support
Three best strategy to make outstanding software testing training:
- Formulating a clear vision about product updates: Software is not a changeless product and needs to progress as technology develops, new client needs to crop up and competitors innovate. This update process is part of the daily lives of software publishers. Though, for employees and clients, it is a make-or-break moment.
- Rationalize training to enhance customer relationship: The relationship between clients and software publisher’s needs augmentation. For each product update, Customer Success, Support, Training and R&D departments should discuss how to quickly and most effectively train clients and employees.
- Vision on Digital Learning – The exclusive way to manage: The relationship between clients and software publishers needs reinforcement. For each product update, Customer Success, Support, Training and R&D departments should discuss how to quickly and most effectively train clients and employees.
Software Tester is lightening up to be a dream job for many professionals in the present day. The course is normally designed in a way that it will increase the probability, compatibility, capability, efficiency, reliability of the student. Make a shift in your career to reach at high level by joining the best Software testing training classes in Mumbai
The pay package of software tester varies from company to company and as well as experience. As per the standards of the job survey reports the average pay in USA ranges in between $ 46,000 – $ 75,000 and in India it ranges between INR 250,000 – INR 500,000.